Some people fantasize about owning a home tanning beds. You can tan whenever you want, day or night, with a bed in your own home. You won’t have to drive into town or rush to the barbershop before it closes. Although they can be costly, If you tan regularly, the investment can be good for you in the long run. What are the benefits of owning a home tanning beds?
3 Things You Need to Look for in Tanning Beds
1. The Design of the Bed
You have two options in terms of bed design or style: a traditional horizontal bed or a standing booth. Unless you have a large enough room or space to dedicate to a flatbed, you might want to recognize a standing booth. These require less space and can position in the corner of your home. Essentially, your preferred option and the amount of space available will dictate this decision.
2. The Bed’s Light Bulbs
The most important feature of a tanning bed is the type of tanning bed bulbs used in it. UVA and UVB rays are used in beds, or UVA only. There is some debate about which bulbs are better for your skin. There is no such thing as a safe way to tan, and you should take measures to protect your skin regardless of the bulbs used. When it comes time to replace the bulbs in your bed, you must know which types are in use. Bulbs are not interchangeable, so make sure you get the right ones. Examine the placement of the bulbs as well. How easy will it be to replace them? You’ll most likely be doing this task yourself, so you want to make sure it’s simple.
3. Some Extra Features
A face tanner and a cooling system are two of the best extra features to glance for. The face tanner will assist you in achieving the ultimate tan all over your body. These have particularly placed bulbs in the facial area, which direct light to this area, which some people find challenging to tan. If you get quickly overheated inside a bed, a cooling system is essential. The cooling fan will protect your skin from overheating. With this feature, be careful not to overdo it in bed. Just because you’re not feeling the heat doesn’t mean you’re not tanning. Lying in bed for an extended time contributes to overexposure and can be harmful to your skin.
Home Tanning Bed Options
The majority of home beds are classical tan beds. These make use of standard bulbs that closely mimic fluorescent tubes. High-Pressure Beds are another option for beds. Instead of traditional lamps, these use highly pressurized quartz bulbs. They are referred to as high pressure because the gas in the bulb is relatively better than the atmospheric pressure. You can only tan on one side of these beds at a time. Halfway through your session, you will need to turn over. Many people believe that these are more satisfied than traditional beds. These are typically found in salons, but you may come across that one while shopping for used equipment.
Buying Used Tanning Beds
A used bed can be a less expensive alternative to a new home bed. In many cases, you can get a high-quality bed for the price of a low-quality bed. Before buying a new bed, you should think about the following:
- Check to see if the bed you’re thinking about buying complies with current state and federal safety regulations. These change frequently, and you want to ensure that the bed you purchase is safe. A tanning salon proprietor is an excellent source of information on safety regulations. The internet is yet another great source of information, as most states post salon owner regulations.
- Determine how frequently the bed use. If it initially uses in a salon, it has most likely seen a lot of action. Beds bought for home use are sometimes infrequently used. These can be fantastic, providing you with a gently used bed at a significantly reduced price.
- Contrast the cost of a used bed with the price of a new bed. The greater the disparity, the better.
- Ask about the overall condition of the machine and any maintenance that has been made. Inquire about when the bulbs last replace and any care that performs. You want a bed that has been well-cared for.
- Find out how much time you have on the guarantee.
Natural tanning leads to various health benefits, including improved appearance, improved mood, and increased vitamin D levels. In fact, it has the same benefits of home tanning beds. Furthermore, the Indoor Tanning Association asserts that “catching some rays may help you live longer.” Sunlight links to higher energy and a better mood. As a result, you can place your home tanning bed wherever you want to enjoy it!