Among some other factors, the eyes are such an essential part of the human body that plays a significant role in maintaining your beauty. Especially the eyelids, they can add a spark to your beauty; believe it or not, they can also spoil the entire thing for you. Oily eyelids are not a very uncommon issue. The fact is that there is no instant fix or magic pill to solve it. But don’t get disappointed just yet. There are some easy steps you can follow to stop your eyelids from being oily. We will be discussing some methods here. Try them to know what works best for you.
How to Stop Eyelids from Being Oily
Have some changes in your daily routine
- Wash your skin with a light cleaner on a regular basis. Take a minimal amount of cleanser on your fingertips, around a couple of drops. Now rub the eyelids, cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose very gently with it. Now clean your hands with Luke’s warm water and gently dry your face with a towel. You can wash your face twice a day, before going to bed and after waking up in the morning. Remember not to scrub or scratch your skin, eyes while washing them.
- Use eye cream. But not on the eyelids; use the eye cream beneath your eyes. Take a few drops of cream on your fingertips and rub it on the skin, lower to the eyelids. Be very gentle, don’t go on massaging the skin. Applying the eye cream on your lower lids will help balance out the upper lids’ oiliness.
- You can have blotting paper in your purse. Use it to absorb the oil. Check your nearby beauty shops or online to buy blotting paper. Place a single sheet of blotting paper on your eyelids to suck off that extra oil. Use the blotting paper as many times as you need to use it.
Try to choose your cosmetics considering the “Oil” situation
- There are some liquid cosmetics that contain a lot of oil. Such as concealer and foundation. So, while applying your makeup, try not to use this type of product around the eyelids. In case you want to be extra cautious, move on to entirely oil-free cosmetics if you can. Generally, it is always the best option to use water-based makeup.
- You can apply a thin coat of eyelid primer before you use eyeshadow. You can have the eyelid primer in your local beauty shop or drugstore. Usually, they come in small tubes. Squeeze out a couple of drops of the primer on your finger or on the smallest eyeshadow brush and have a thin coat of it over the base of your eyelid. Wait around 60 seconds before wearing the rest of the makeup. Unlike usual primers for the entire face, eyelid primers are for covering the oiliness and providing you with a smoother makeup experience. Eyelid primers are pretty similar to a foundation or concealer in color.
- Use translucent powder to set the eye makeup. If you feel like your eyelids are a bit greasy, use an eyeshadow brush and dip it into translucent powder. Tap it over the eyelids. Use just enough to set the eyeshadow, not too much. If you have neutral eyeshadow, use a non-colored setting powder. In case you want a bolder look, use a setting powder that matches the original color of the shadow.
Have some changes in your overall lifestyle
- You can stop giving too much attention to your eyelids. Try to notice how many times you rub your eyes. Instead of rubbing, if you feel too much temptation, use a blotting paper to wipe off the oil. It will be very effective for your skin in the long run.
- Change your routine to be a stress-free one. For relaxation, you can add a bit of yoga or meditation time to your daily routine. Being stressed actually increases the oiliness of your skin. To have a proper stress-free routine, check out your weekly schedule. See if there is something that is stressing you out. If you find one, cut it out or replace or modify it to be a stress-free or less stressy one.
- Have a medical check-up to see if there is any medical condition resulting in your skin’s oiliness. Fix an appointment with a medical professional and have them check you out if there are any hormonal issues. Share what medicines you are on currently with the doctor, and obviously don’t forget the skincare products you use daily. The doctor will see if you need any modification of your skincare products or in your medications.
Your eyelids are pretty precious for you. It has a lot to do with your overall beauty. Oily eyelids can really spoil your look. If you are someone who is conscious about your look and makeup, oily eyelids can be quite a concern for you. So, knowing how to stop your eyelids from being oily will solve this problem and help you have a natural glow in your skin. Besides, oily eyelids are not really a critical condition actually. So, keep patience and keep on following the above steps. Eventually, you will start seeing positive results.